Argonne National Laboratory Administrative Assistant in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 408810 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Administrative Support Division: WSH-Worker Safety and Health
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): SA2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory is looking for an Administrative Assistant that will provide a broad range of secretarial/clerical services in support of the Radiological Protection Program (RPP) within the Worker, Safety, and Health Division. This role is responsible for organizing and maintaining records, many categorized as containing personal identifiable information or sensitive information produced by technical groups within the RPP. The Administrative Assistant will use independent judgement and discretion in addressing identified priorities, meeting deadlines, and finalizing tasks with accuracy and completeness.
- Scan records into the electronic data retention system
- Search for and collect file information for radiation exposure histories (NIOSH, DOL, EEOICPA)
- Enter data for new employees and visitors into the Argonne dosimetry database application
- Prepare Exposure History Request documentation
- Prepare and issue External Dosimetry to personnel
- Retrieve various documents and data during audits of the RPP
- Make editorial revisions to local policies and/or procedures
- Enter procurement requisitions for supplies and equipment
- Maintain local equipment listings for computing and property items
- Documents meeting notes and minutes for referencing and archival purposes
Schedules and coordinates meetings, conferences, and associated travel arrangements
High school and 4+ years of related experience or equivalent
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to strictly follow local and Lab-wide policies and procedures
- Oral and written communications skills, as well as, interpersonal skills when interacting and communicating with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Experience with scheduling office activities and in handling difficult situations
- Experience with handling confidential information/documentation
- Experience in handling personal identifiable information (PII)
- Ability to be discreet with business sensitive information
- Ability to multi-task
- Skilled in using personal computers, office machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to learn business systems used to support RPP and Lab-wide business
- Some experience in a previous position requiring independent judgment additional specialized training in secretarial/office management skills is desirable
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Argonne National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists, engineers, and business professionals work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity, from how to obtain affordable clean energy to protecting ourselves and our environment . Ever since we were born out of the University of Chicago’s work on the Manhattan Project in the 1940s, our goal has been to make an impact — from the atomic to the human to the global scale.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.