Argonne National Laboratory Communications Specialist - Advanced Vehicle Technology Competitions in Lemont, Illinois
Communications Specialist - Advanced Vehicle Technology Competitions
Requisition Number: 407330 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: General Business Management Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Candidate will support the Advanced Vehicle Technology Competitions (AVTC) Program/EcoCAR Mobility Challenge by managing and executing AVTC special events such as workshops, conferences and competitions including logistical management and the development of program content. As well as collaboration with external AVTC sponsors to coordinate and execute events at sponsor facilities. Manage communications support materials including video production, photography, trade show displays, signage, and other marketing-type efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of event coordination, conferences and related events. Manage and facilitate all aspects of event logistics for multiple events throughout the year – conferences, workshops, retreats, dinner events, networking events, special events.
- Coordinator must be results orientated, strong time management skills and possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently in an ever changing environment
- The position entails considerable interaction with students and faculty of the competition, and sponsors of the program.
- Will be required to participate in 3 annual events ranging from 6-14 days, and up to 5 smaller conference events. Events may include early morning and late evenings and position will be required to work outside normal working hours as needed to execute events.
- Candidate is ideally a hospitality-focused individual that enjoys assisting others.
- Need to be comfortable taking ownership of projects and working independently as well as in a collaborative team setting.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate projects from initial planning stages through final execution and post-event evaluation and follow-up.
- Perform location and venue site research & provide recommendations.
- Develop and monitor event timelines and coordinate event communications.
- Coordinate vendors for all aspects of events – F&B, A/V, Hotels, Photography, transportation, video production, security, social media, as well a venue staff, catering, servers.
- Manage invitations, online registration sites and onsite registration of guests.
- Develop and distributes event materials to guests.
- Act as primary for all event set up, execution and tear-down.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.