Argonne National Laboratory Computer Scientist in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405411 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: LCF-Leadership Computing Facility
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Works closely with multi-disciplinary ALCF teams and science project teams throughout the HPC community to chart the future direction of HPC compiler technology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Experience with compiler and toolchain development, including intermediate representations, machine-independent and machine-dependent optimizations, and code generation; experience with LLVM and Clang is required.
- Experience interacting with, and contributing to, the open-source LLVM community is highly preferred.
- Significant experience with C++, including the use of templates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instruction sets and computer architectures, including pipeline structure and hazards, and cache and memory hierarchies.
- Experience with assembly languages, preferably at least one of x86_64, PowerPC, and PTX.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of high-level compiler optimizations; experience with polyhedral loop optimizations is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the language semantics of one of the following: C, C++, Fortran.
- Experience with parallel programming; experience with the OpenMP programming model is desirable.
- Experience with high-performance computing and scientific codedevelopment.
- Experience with code optimization and the use of profiling andperformance-monitoringtools and techniques.
- Experience with Linux environments and Python.
- Good software debugging skills.
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.