Argonne National Laboratory Division Financial Business Partner in Lemont, Illinois
Division Financial Business Partner
Requisition Number: 410220 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Accounting and Finance Division: PSE-Physical Sciences and Engineering
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA4 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory is inviting applications for the position of Division Financial Business Partner for the Nanoscience & Technology (NST) division within the Physical Sciences & Engineering (PSE) directorate.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for the Division in all areas related to financial management and reporting.
- Create, implement, and monitor comprehensive, long-term strategic financial reporting, processes, and tools to ensure achievement of Division financial goals while simultaneously assuring fiscal integrity.
- Financial support activities include but are not limited to finance, budgeting, cost control, payroll, procurement, and accounting.
- Proactively prepare or manage the preparation of, monthly and routine financial reports and analyses including trend analyses.
- Establish cost estimates for funding proposals, provide resource costs, funding requirements and submission.
- Exercise funds control over divisional purchases and sub-contracts including but not limited to service contracts, travel, service requests, effort charges, and workspace.
- Monitor spending, analyzes variances, identifies funding problems, and identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Provide advice and counsel to division management regarding financial resources, policies, and practices related to Argonne National Laboratory, Department of Energy, and other sponsor organizations.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for budgetary and accounting information from a number of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with divisional management and peers to identify, develop, and implement divisional/programmatic efficiencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of budget management, financial analysis, financial modeling, and accounting principles.
- Expert proficiency in business applications and financial modeling and forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to synthesize data, draw conclusions, and reach satisfactory resolution of complex financial situations.
- Knowledge of indirect and direct allocation and full cost recovery budget and financial procedures.
- Experience providing financial support for complex proposals.
- Prior experience with Workday computer-based financial systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manipulate comprehensive and clear financial data for reports, reviews, and presentations.
- Ability to independently carry out delegated authority and work with minimum instruction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a complex funding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective written and verbal communications including the ability to communicate financial data and outcomes in a manner that meets the needs of the stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex, high-visibility financial requests with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to handle matters with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with internal and external contacts of all levels of authority and the ability to work both independently and/or as a team member to achieve desired goals.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement organizational efficiencies.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of other ANL applications is preferred.
- Experience providing the full scope of financial support for Field Work Proposals, DOE proposals, Work for Other Proposals, and CRADAs, is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOE, DOE-CH and ANL-OCF organizations to establish contacts required on programmatic and budgetary issues is preferred.
- Experience supporting Strategic Partnership Projects is preferred.
- Knowledge of program/organizational financial activities within the Department of Energy context at Argonne National Laboratory is preferred.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
The level of knowledge and skill required for this position is typically achieved through a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 6+ years of related experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.