Argonne National Laboratory Electrical Systems Engineer in Lemont, Illinois
Electrical Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 404503 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: NWM-Nuclear and Waste Management
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PT4 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for an Electrical Systems Engineer positions with our Cognizant Systems Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliant operational readiness of ANL Hazard Category 2/3 nuclear structures, systems and components (SSCs) within its scope. Using the principles of configuration management the CSE is responsible for systems design, specification, testing, installation, maintenance, operations, change management, safety, and related documentation. Your work will contribute to the development of nuclear facility policies and procedures and assists in the development of system procedures and training materials for assigned SSCs. The position functions in full compliance with, OSHA, NFPA, and Laboratory process implementation of DOE Orders, Directives and Standards pertaining to nuclear facility operations and integrated safety management.
- Knowledge and skills with electrical discipline, coupled with expertise in HVAC and associated control systems preferred.
- Skills in configuration management, design/specification, and safety/quality
- Knowledge of OSHA, NEC, NFPA especially NFPA 70E, NEPA, and Laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Considerable analytical, assessment, and troubleshooting skills and the ability to effectively complete cause analysis, develop solutions, implement best practices and document/communicate lessons learned.
- Ability to work both individually or as part of a cross functional team to achieve goals.
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills in conveying engineering concepts to both internal and external contacts
- Familiarity with developing system design descriptions and operability determinations
- Bachelors and 6+ years relevant experience, some occupations may require graduate degree and 4+ years relevant experience.
- Stellar organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and to achieve desired goals within required timeframes and within projected budgets.
- Considerable comprehension and interpretation of technical documents.
- Knowledge and skill in radiological protection practices and requirements.
- Knowledge of nuclear facilities and their operations.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.