Argonne National Laboratory Executive Secretary in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405574 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Administrative Support Division: CLS-Computing, Environment and Life Sciences
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): SA4 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Provides administrative support to assigned CELS division director(s) and assigned Argonne Research Groups. Assists the Division Director in the smooth and efficient flow of management activities in the division. Organizes and maintains manager`s routine and non-routine correspondence, ensuring prompt reply. Provides for the transfer of essential information between the manager and staff. Acts as the administrative focal point for high-profile conferences and workshops. Works with minimum supervision, setting own priorities, and meeting all deadlines with accuracy and completeness. Position requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Knowledge of office administration, secretarial science, English grammar and usage.
- Comprehensive organizational skills, ingenuity, and creativity and the ability to solve problems independently.
- Considerable skill in arranging meetings and workshops and assisting the manager in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Skill in determining requirements/logistics for conferences and to develop, plan and negotiate for best pricing and service and to present the total package to management for final approval.
- Ability to handle complex tasks that involve knowledge of division, laboratory, University of Chicago and funding policies and processes.
- Considerable oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external contacts at varying levels of authority and to achieve established goals to the benefit of the manager.
- Knowledge and skill in filtering heavy volume of electronic mail received by the manager and bringing priority items to the prompt attention of the manager and/or other key staff.
- Considerable knowledge and skills in a variety of applications, i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, databases and of web development tools and techniques.
- Good knowledge of division projects, proposals, and key collaborators.
- High school and 10+ years of related experience or Associates degree with 8+ years of experience or equivalent.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.