Argonne National Laboratory Field Intelligence Element Director in Lemont, Illinois
Field Intelligence Element Director
Requisition Number: 405516 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Executive Leadership Division: EGS-Energy and Global Security
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PAL3
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The FIE Director, as the DOE Senior Intelligence Officer’s (SIO) representative at Argonne National Laboratory, is the principal official within Argonne responsible for oversight, compliance and reporting under Executive Orders 12333 and 13462, the DOE “Procedures for Intelligence Activities”, DOE-IN policy and policy guidance for Field Intelligence Elements and for the Strategic Intelligence Partnership Program (SIPP) . Within Argonne, the FIE Director is the principal official responsible for the protection of classified intelligence information, in accordance with the Executive Orders and applicable Director of Central Intelligence Directives, Intelligence Community Directives, and other relevant DOE-IN policies and policy guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalentorPh.D. and 10 years work experience or equivalent, preferably in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of the intelligence Community and all applicable Executive Orders for Intelligence Activities
- Ability to interact with research sponsors and maintain effective sponsor relationships within the intelligence community
- Ability to identify and develop new sources of research funding within the intelligence community
- Familiarity with secure IT and cyber security operations; knowledge of the Strategic Intelligence Partnership Program is desirable.
- Operational and technical leadership, management oversight, negotiations, relationship building, decision making, strategic planning, and verbal and written communications Successful applicants for this position must provide proof of U.S. citizenship and will be required to possess and maintain Q and SCI clearances.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.