Argonne National Laboratory Financial Analysis in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 5175 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Division: FMP-Financial Management and Procurement Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift:
Level (Grade): PA3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory seeks applications from talented and highly-motivated individuals to join a team of specialists focused on providing financial analysis, planning, and forecasting support for organizations across the Laboratory.
The Financial Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst will perform complex financial functions and/or activities requiring problem resolution by determining approach to solutions within defined policies. Requires expertise of policies, systems and external regulations and advanced knowledge and expertise.
A successful candidate would be expected to have experience delivering exceptional customer service as well as have attention to detail.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Perform financial analysis and cost control functions; research and synthesize data; identify trends, draw conclusions; develop solutions; present and implement recommendations, and create follow up analysis.
- Develop complex financial modeling and forecasting scenarios for short and long-range planning and analyses. Recognize implications; provide guidance on financial policies, procedures and requirements.
- Develop regular and ad-hoc reports of financial data; identify and resolve unique issues with substantial significance.
- Provide consulting advice to assigned areas and external sponsors and stakeholders on matters involving financial subject matter expertise. Maintain broader organizational perspective in decision making.
- Demonstrate competency in creating clear and concise written documentation that fully summarizes all aspects of a procurement transaction.
- Clearly & concisely convey information through verbal communication.
- Model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Passion for the mission of the Lab.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning and analysis, financial modeling and basic accounting principles.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications.
- Proficient with financial modeling.
- Ability to work under limited direction to accomplish objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 4+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience with Workday Financials preferred but not required
This pipeline is created in anticipation of near future opportunities/opening.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.