Argonne National Laboratory Firefighter/Paramedic in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 5939 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Division: STE-Security, Travel and Emergency Services Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift:
Level (Grade): 029950 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Argonne Fire Department is hiring a Firefighter/Paramedic whose primary duties will be to perform dispatcher duties as well as being required to respond to fire, rescue, hazardous material, and medical emergencies. You will be required to work under extremely stressful and sometimes dangerous conditions. Strong ability to listen, take direction and follow through. Routine duties include dispatching, cleaning of quarters and class participation.
To be considered you must possess the following:
- Certified as Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter by the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
- Licensed as a paramedic by the Illinois Department of Public Health and accepted into Loyola EMS System.
- Must possess a valid driver`s license, preferably a class B.
- Must be 21 (per ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3 regulations) years old, in good physical condition, and able to pass medical examination requirements.
- Previous firefighting experience, training, and education in firefighting are necessary.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and respond to written and verbal technical directives.
- Dispatcher background/experience is preferred.
This position will work a 24 hour shift.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.