Argonne National Laboratory Foreman, Grounds in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405528 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: FAC-Facilities Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): ST3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Grounds Foreman position with our Facilities Division (FAC).
The Grounds and Vehicle Maintenance Department Foreman has operational responsibility only for their functional area(s). Operational activities include but are not limited to: Communication with facility stake holders regarding department services and needs, training of department personnel, prioritizing and scheduling of daily work projects, assignment of work crews, assignment of work and break-times for crews, assignment of specialized staff/equipment, oversight of work-in-progress ensuring compliance with safety standards, inspection of completed work to ensure quality and timeliness, initiation of purchase requisitions, oversight of department capital assets, scheduling of preventative maintenance and documentation of same. In addition gathers information regarding work incidents and forwards information to immediate supervisor.
This position will be a key member of the Lab Snow Command responsible for managing snow & ice removal personnel and equipment. Preparation of vehicles, equipment, planning, staffing and supplies as needed to effectively respond to and maintain Laboratory operations during winter weather events. This position requires off hours and 24/7 response during winter weather events.
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge or experience with:
- Experience implementing organization environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining outdoor infrastructure, campus landscape maintenance, snow removal operations and repairs, road and fence maintenance, storm sewer infrastructure monitoring and maintenance, equipment and vehicle fleet maintenance and administration.
- Experience with assessment and feedback processes including corrective action plan development.
- Considerable knowledge of Argonne and DOE safety requirements and regulations.
- Experience as an organizational pesticide applicator.
- Experience effectively communicating operational expectations, abilities and performance via all forms of interpersonal communication.
- Ability to ensure adherence to collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to conduct assessments and investigations.
- Experience purchasing materials and supplies, fulfilling work orders, entering time records, utilizing intranet software systems.
Experience and Credentials Required:
- Possession or ability to acquire within 3 months of hire date, Illinois EPA Industrial Wastewater Treatment Works Operator certificate of competency
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 6 years’ organizational leadership experience preferred
- Illinois pesticide applicator license.
- Illinois Landscape Contractors Associate (ILCA) Certified Landscape Technician – Exterior (CLT-E) certification.
- Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA) Certified Snow Professional (CLP) certification.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.