Argonne National Laboratory Global Travel Specialist in Lemont, Illinois
Global Travel Specialist
Requisition Number: 410203 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: STE-Security, Travel and Emergency Services Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne's Security, Travel and Emergency Services Division (STE) invites you to apply for a Global Travel Specialist position. This role is responsible for the coordination of global travel requests by utilizing Argonne’s internal systems, the DOE Foreign Travel Management System (FTMS) and other DOE tracking/approval databases. The selected candidate will:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with staff at DOE-HQ, DOE-CH, and the Laboratory to ensure requests are approved on a timely basis, often under demanding timelines.
- Review and approve travel requests to both non-sensitive and sensitive countries.
- Be responsible for compiling, analyzing and reporting travel data on a regular basis.
- Support the preparation of risk assessments and security plans by analyzing global events, trends and country risk levels.
- Prepare travel projection reports as required by the DOE-HQ Program Offices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of complex and continually changing DOE requirements related to global travel and conference management.
- Ensure that global travel policies and internal procedures are updated accordingly.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Preferred knowledge of Laboratory organizational structure and programs, to include both domestic and international travel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulations and DOE regulations in the area of global travel.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and analyzing global events, including, but not limited to, security, crime, natural disasters, politics and health.
- Knowledge and familiarity using automated tracking/control systems.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be skilled in using advanced Excel features to analyze data sets, including formula usage, pivot tables and graphs.
- Skilled in independently handling a full workload and meeting appropriate deadlines.
- Ability to interpret complex regulations, establishing priorities, and maintaining excellent working relationships with ANL Divisions, DOE and Argonne’s preferred travel vendors.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an HSPD-12 badge.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.