Argonne National Laboratory Janitor in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 407332 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: FAC-Facilities Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): 019530 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Under the supervision of the Custodial Foreman, the Janitor will be responsible for the following:
- Sweep, dust mop, mop, scrub, strip, seal, wax and buff floors.
- Pick up and dispose of waste paper and trash and removes trash.
- Spot-wash wall and wash and sanitize washroom facilities and refill washroom dispensers.
- Wash and clean windows, sills, glass partitions, mirrors, lighting fixtures, ashtrays and push-plates, bottoms of doors and stairways.
- May operate and clean industrial types of mechanical equipment such as scrubbing machines, buffers, polishers and pick up machines.
- Clean and wash the canteen and lunchrooms and their furniture.
- Move and replace original furniture and other objects as required for the cleaning of all rooms.
- Change light bulbs and work from ladders as necessary to clean.
- Sweep and shovel dirt and snow from building steps, platforms and sidewalks.
Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
A good demonstrated work record.
- Complies with all Laboratory and Division ESH policies, work rules, and safe work practices.
- A year of custodial experience preferred.
- Basic proficiency in English language to communicate operational information with co-workers and customers and to safely perform work.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.