Argonne National Laboratory Manager-Grounds/Rigging/Transportation in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405512 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Facilities/Security/Waste Management Division: FAC-Facilities Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PAL2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory has an opportunity for a talented Grounds/Rigging/Transportation Manager within the Facilities Division.
The Grounds/Rigging/Transportation Manager will be responsible for providing leadership, management and direction, including strategic planning, decision making, and functional accountability for grounds, vehicle management; driving and rigging services. Ensures all work is performed within compliance of the Laboratory policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of DOE and Laboratory policies and procedures including Environment, Safety, & Health policies and work rule and safe practices.
- Knowledge of laboratory process for snow/ice removal and response to emergency operational needs for extreme weather events that impact the site. Assumes a leadership position in the snow command team.
- Oral and written communication skills necessary to brief and interact with peer managers within DOE and senior level Laboratory managers.
- Experience in business management and developing strategic plans to maintain cost competitive business units. Assumes leadership role in customer relations.
- Ability in complex problem evaluation and skill in developing and implementing solutions for a multifaceted organization with a diverse set of problems with minimal direction.
- Expertise in the functional areas of grounds, site maintenance, storm water management, hoisting & rigging, and vehicle fleet management including knowledge of DOE requirements.
- Experience and skills in providing leadership and direction to teams and the ability to establish working relationships
- Expertise in employee relations and management of collective bargaining unit employees.
- Knowledge of Laboratory budgeting, accounting, and procurement procedures.
- Knowledge of basic and applied research programs of the Laboratory.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 15 years equivalent in grounds, facilities or operational management experience preferred.
Argonne National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists, engineers, and business professionals work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity, from how to obtain affordable clean energy to protecting ourselves and our environment . Ever since we were born out of the University of Chicago’s work on the Manhattan Project in the 1940s, our goal has been to make an impact — from the atomic to the human to the global scale.
At Argonne, we explore the world together in order to build a better one!
The world’s best and brightest minds come to Argonne—minds that are curious and bursting with new ideas. Minds that have a passion for excellence and innovation. Whether it be for premier research opportunities, a chance to blend work and home life, a diverse community of colleagues or a place where others genuinely care about the planet, Argonne offers something for you. We offer work-life balance, professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. Argonne also offers a comprehensive array of exceptional benefits to meet a variety of needs. In addition to medical, dental, life and disability coverage, you’ll have access to paid time off, a retirement plan with a generous match and a number of other benefits, such as onsite wellness facilities, an on-site child care center and auto and homeowners’ insurance.
At Argonne National Laboratory you will have the opportunity to contribute to and support research that addresses our nation’s challenges and advances the frontiers of science and technology. Our science impacts the world and you can be a part of that! Whatever your role—scientist, engineer, or support staff--there is a path for you here at Argonne.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.