Argonne National Laboratory Model Fabricator in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 407373 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Other Division: NWM-Nuclear and Waste Management
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): 049860 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory has an exciting opportunity for a Model Fabricator to work within our Central Shops Department.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work from drawings, freehand sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Plans and lays out projects and determines materials necessary.
- Set up and operate power sheet metal fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, nibblers, Strippit, and tube benders.
- May fabricate planes, curves, curved surfaces, spherical sections and compound angles, making all developments and layouts to close tolerances.
- Uses any material which may be fabricated, using sheet metal equipment and techniques.
- Solders, spot welds, rivets, fabricates ventilation and exhaust duct systems from aluminum, galvanized, stainless steel, and PVC.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
- Must work in a manner which is safe for the employee and others in the area.
- Limited interaction with scientific groups.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Four-year apprenticeship or equivalent certification and at least three years’ experience as a journeyman Precision Sheet Metal Model Maker.
- Experience with CNC metal fabricating equipment and using Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software desirable.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.