Argonne National Laboratory Office Assistant in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 410187 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Administrative Support Division: CLS-Computing, Environment and Life Sciences
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): SA2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Performs a variety of administrative activities and tasks as part of the Computing, Environment and Life Sciences (CELS) – Shared Services administrative support team. Assignments may include researching, compiling, tracking, and analyzing data and information from multiple sources, preparing travel arrangements and expense reports, preparing correspondence and reports. May utilize various types of software to compile and generate reports, spreadsheets. May recommend processes to enhance workflow. Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures. Requires a broad working knowledge of departmental and laboratory policies and practices. Provides administrative support for division meetings, conferences, and workshops, as required.
- Considerable analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve problems with incomplete or conflicting data.
- Skill in setting work priorities and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects for multiple people and achieve desired goals within time frames.
- Considerable interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact diplomatically and tactfully with people at all levels both within and outside the laboratory.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures and technology.
- Considerable knowledge of DOE and ANL policy, procedures, and organization.
- Ability to become fully proficient with Argonne business process tools (e.g. GetThere, XM, PANDA, AMOS, Paris, Xink).
- Knowledge of technical terminology used in divisional activities.
- Considerable knowledge of complex DOE/ANL regulations of Foreign Visits and Assignments Program (FAVOR) as it relates to computer accounts.
- Provides administrative support for division meetings, conferences, and workshops, as required.
SA: 2 High school and 4+ years of related experience, or equivalent
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.