Argonne National Laboratory Photographer/Videographer in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 409319 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Communications/Media Services Division: CPA-Communications and Public Affairs
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA2
Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply to our Photographer/Videographer opening! In this role you will plan, create and produce professional-quality videos (informational, training, public relations, documentary, etc.) as well as photographic images (documentary, portraits, industrial, photojournalism, etc.) in highly varied field and studio settings. Work on a range of events requiring audio/visual support by operating a video camera and/or digital camera in live or pre-recorded settings.
- Understanding of principles, professional standards, and operating practices employed in the direction, editing and execution of photo/video/multimedia production both in and outside the studio.
- Experience scripting video and multimedia productions.
- Knowledge of principles and experience in photo composition and imaging.
- Knowledge of operational principles and experience with cameras, lighting equipment, and typical equipment found in professional television productions as well as hardware/software used in digital image manipulation and processing.
- Knowledge of operational principles of live streaming and audio/visual projection equipment.
- Sophisticated aesthetic, eye for composition, and technical skills.
- ability to keep up on current style trends in photography, videography, and multimedia.
- Ability to translate key aspects of complex scientific concepts into visual images that accurately, and effectively achieve clients’ communication goals.
- Experience time estimating and practices associated with planning and completing photo, video and multimedia productions.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including political acumen, collaboration, social perceptiveness, and the ability to interact with different personalities including individuals at all levels of management and staff as well as external contacts to elicit satisfactory performance on camera.
- Adept at office-based communications and computing tools.
- Ability to translate organizational identity and core messaging into products that tell the story of the Laboratory in compelling ways.
- Ability to recognize potential safety hazards in a one-of-a-kind outdoor and indoor photographic shooting locations and planning/collaboration with clients to avoid hazards while obtaining the desired images.
- Oral and written communications. Master of storytelling.
- Innovative problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including weekends, as necessary.
- Steward of Lab resources.
- Passion for the mission of the Lab.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.