Argonne National Laboratory Postdoc- Power System in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoc- Power System
Requisition Number: 405491 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne’s Energy Systems Division (ES) has an immediate opening for a Postdoctoral Researcher to work in the area of stochastic optimization of distribution systems with high-penetrations of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). The work will involve developing optimization algorithms that consider uncertainty through robust and chance-constrained formulations and handle nonlinearities associated with the power flow equations.
In this role you will:
- Develop algorithms for solving stochastic optimization problems in order to compute reliable and low-cost operating points for electric distribution systems with high penetrations of DERs.
- Formulate optimization problems appropriate for realistic representations of distribution systems with high penetrations of DERs (20%).
- Develop advanced stochastic optimization algorithms for electric distribution systems (40%).
- Design realistic case studies with various penetrations of DERs (20%).
- Give seminars and write conference papers and journal articles describing research areas and results of R and amp; D efforts (20%).
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge in power systems analysis.
- Experience in stochastic optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of modeling of DERs and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as MATLAB, Julia, and Python.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to interact as a contributing member of an engineering team.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.