Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee – Detector ASIC in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee – Detector ASIC
Requisition Number: 408743 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: XSD-X-Ray Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Not Indicated
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The X-ray Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory’s Advanced Photon Source invites applicationsfor postdoctoralresearcher to join the Detectors Group. We are developing next-generation pixel array detectors for X-ray science. In particular, we are developing detectors for high-throughput X-ray ptychography for mapping mouse brain neural connections and integrated circuit inspection at the nanoscale. X-rays are unique in the electromagnetic spectrum in providing the potential for nanoscale resolution imaging of centimeter-sized objects. The successful candidate will conduct cutting-edge research in both mixed-signal and digital ASIC designs and play a key role in an ASIC design team with collaborators in the US and Europe.
- Must have a Doctorate Degree
- Experience with mixed-signal ASIC designs.
- Knowledge of digital logic designs using Verilog and/or System Verilog
- Knowledge of VLSI mixed-signal ASIC design tools (CAD/EDA) and methodologies
- Knowledge of front-end and back-end ASIC design elements, such as layout, physical verification, and design verification
- Experience with building analog or digital test-benches and carry-out mixed analog and digital circuit simulations
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators and ability to work in team environment.
- Experience with digital encoding methods for compression (e.g., run-length) and serial links (e.g., Aurora)
- Advanced digital verification techniques using System Verilog and UVM methodologies
- Experience with FPGA designs
- Experience with high level hardware design languages (e.g., Chisel)
- Experience with machine learning methods (e.g., neural networks)
- Experience with analog ASIC designs
- Familiar with modern software development environments (e.g., revision control system)
- Knowledge of readout integrated circuits for radiation sensors, including signal processing, signal filtering, signal conversion, data transmission, high speed electronics
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.