Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee – Dissipation-aided Microwave-Optical Entanglement in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee – Dissipation-aided Microwave-Optical Entanglement
Requisition Number: 410139 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: NST-Nanoscience and Technology
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position within our Nanoscience and Technology Division (NST).
In this role you will:
- Perform research for the Dissipation-aided Microwave-Optical Entanglement program.
- The program aims to develop a high-frequency superconducting piezo-optomechanical system combined with dissipation engineering technique to generate highly entangled microwave-optical photons.
- The research work primarily focuses on experiments, with emphasis on device design, nanofabrication, and low-temperature quantum experiments.
- The research is performed in CNM, taking advantage of the unique facilitates and capabilities, including the state-of-the-art cleanroom for nanofabrication, the Piezo-optomechanical Spectrometer in the Quantum Optomechanics Lab for device characterization, and the dilution refrigerator system in the Quantum Matter and Device Lab for cryogenic measurement.
- Be a part of a highly collaborative team and actively interacts with staff scientists across groups as well as external collaborators.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.