Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee-Isotope Production in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee-Isotope Production
Requisition Number: 405425 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: EOF-Experimental Operations and Facilities
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position. In this role, you will work in the Experimental Operations and Facilities (EOF) division under the guidance of a supervisor to conduct Monte Carlo particles transport calculations in support of medical isotope program at electron linac facility.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to experiment design, analyze data, and develop computational models from the data.
- Be responsible for documenting results in the form of monthly reports, progress reports to sponsors, and technical publications and presentations.
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary team developing technologies and conducting experiments in support of medical isotope production and separation.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo particle transport computer codes; MCNPX is preferred.
- Knowledge of application of Monte Carlo particle transport codes as applied to isotope production at accelerator facility.
- Skill working interactively and productively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of publication and external recognition in these areas.
- Knowledge of MCNPX application for shielding calculations.
- This level of knowledge is typically achieved through a formal education in physics or engineering at the Ph.D. degree level with zero to three years of experience or equivalent in the scientific application of this knowledge and practical laboratory experience.
- This position may require the ability to travel for work to collaborating institutions.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.