Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee - Materials Science in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee - Materials Science
Requisition Number: 404336 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: AMD-Applied Materials Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Applied Materials Division is seeking a Postdoctoral Appointee-Materials Science to conduct research on new materials for lithium ion batteries (LIBs). You will design and carry out research involving the solid state synthesis of new cathode materials. You will be responsible for the material characterization using chemical and electrochemical analysis. This position demands significant interaction with other researchers across divisions.
We expect you to have:
- A recent (0-2 years) Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience with solid-state or ceramic synthesis procedures are preferred.
- Experience in handling air and moisture sensitive materials.
- Direct experience with solid-state characterization techniques (XRD, SEM, TEM, PSA, BET).
- Basic knowledge of electrochemistry is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good skills and organization in data processing, evaluation, and interpretation.
- Ability to present reports at meetings or conferences and prepare manuscripts for publication.
- Proven ability to be an excellent team player.
- A high commitment to safety.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.