Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee - Materials Science in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee - Materials Science
Requisition Number: 409138 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: AMD-Applied Materials Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
- A recent (0-2 years) Ph.D. Degree in Materials Science, Ceramics Engineering, or related field.
- Hands-on experience with material processing techniques (ceramic powder processing, binder jet manufacturing, spark plasma sintering, hot-pressing, and pressure less sintering, etc).
- Experience with advanced characterizations, including XRD, SEM, TEM, EDAX, fracture/fatigue properties.
- Excellent skills and organization in data processing, evaluation, and interpretation.
- Programming experience with Matlab and data processing software.
- Ability to present reports at meetings or conferences and prepare manuscripts for publication.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to be an excellent team player.
- A high commitment to safety.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
What will put you ahead:
- Prior experience in hands-on processing of ceramics and composites.
- Prior experience in powder metallurgy.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.