Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee - Natural Gas Engineering in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee - Natural Gas Engineering
Requisition Number: 402272 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: DIS-Decision and Infrastructure Sciences
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Global Security Sciences (GSS) at Argonne National Laboratoryis dedicated to developing and executing best-in-class programs by attracting and fostering interdisciplinary talent with access to Argonne’s unmatched scientific facilities and capabilities. Operating as a vibrant, interdisciplinary research community, GSS researchers find solutions to mitigate, respond to, and recover from a wide spectrum of national and global security threats. We believe an interdisciplinary, all-threat approach enhances our ability to deliver insightful, rigorous solutions to address global security risks and issues.
We now invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with us. In this role, you will :
- Apply technical expertise in natural gas systems and engineering to a multidisciplinary group of professional staff engaged in the analysis of nationwide critical infrastructure assets and systems
- Conduct and support comprehensive analytic studies in domain areas that may include natural gas systems and networks; disruption analysis of natural gas; natural gas infrastructure resilience
- Examine protection, prevention, response, and recovery technologies and strategies of energy infrastructure, specifically natural gas, and contribute to the development of modeling and simulation tools and risk analysis methods
- Identify applicable data sources and manages data resources as required for robust and valid systems modeling and analysis
- Work with a team of experienced infrastructure experts to analyze the complexities of infrastructure dependencies and interdependencies, while applying technical natural gas expertise
- Develop conference papers and presentations, published results in peer-reviewed journals and publications
We expect you to have:
- Ph.D. in Engineering with expertise in Natural Gas, with 0-3 years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of energy infrastructure systems and networks, specifically related to natural gas infrastructure
- Considerable knowledge and applied experience of data statistics and analytics
- Considerable skills in working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Considerable skills in oral and written communication
You will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen. Please see http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htma>for more information about requirements for obtaining a security clearance process.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.