Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee – Researcher in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointee – Researcher
Requisition Number: 408539 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The incumbent will support the project Principal Investigator in designing, performing and analyzing experiments to be conducted on a single-cylinder and a heavy-duty research engine. The research will be focused on testing of advanced gasoline combustion concepts and alternative fuels.
- Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Strong knowledge of internal combustion engines and engine testing.
- Strong knowledge of data acquisition systems and emissions equipment.
- Knowledge of transportation technologies, energy use, and environmental impacts of transportation.
- Skills using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in working in a team environment.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
All activities will be executed in compliance with ESH responsibilities established by ANL's ESH policies, work rules, and safe practices, as they apply to work performed by the incumbent or personnel under supervision.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.