Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405493 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: NSE-Nuclear Science and Engineering
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Nuclear Science and Engineering Division (NSE).
In this role you will:
- Analyze multi-physics aspects of nuclear fission reactors including neutronics, thermal-hydraulics, structural mechanics, and fuel behavior.
- Investigate performance of nuclear fission reactors and fuel cycle facilities and contribute to optimization of reactor and fuel cycle design.
- Develop computational strategies and/or computer codes to model the physics and engineering of reactor and fuel cycle systems.
- Produce papers and report describing results of development work, analyses, and investigations.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of one or more specialized areas of fission reactor physics, engineering, or fuel systems.
- Knowledge of nuclear engineering principles, theories, and practices for the design and analysis of reactor systems.
- Skill in the conception, design, and evaluation of innovative approaches and solutions to quantitative problems is necessary.
- Skill in the use of computers and in the analysis of computational results, in the clear and effective documentation and communication of results, and in interaction with co-workers and support personnel is required.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices and object-oriented programming techniques is required.
- The required levels of knowledge and skills are typically achieved through formal training in engineering or physics on the Ph.D. (or equivalent) level.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.