Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 408741 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
computation/synthesisteam) that includes vapor phase synthesis (atomic layer deposition), in situ characterization, and ex situ electrochemical evaluation of catalytic inorganic clusters." />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position within our Materials Science Division (MSD).
The project targets a photoreactive capture approach that combines the direct air capture of carbon dioxide with its direct conversion into value-added chemicals, using visible light as an energy input. The appointee will synthesize, characterize, and evaluate transition metal oxide few-atom clusters of porous scaffolds capable of CO2 reduction or oxygen evolution via precision vapor phase synthesis (atomic layer deposition).
This will be interdisciplinary and collaborative work (as part of a characterization/computation/synthesisteam) that includes vapor phase synthesis (atomic layer deposition), in situ characterization, and ex situ electrochemical evaluation of catalytic inorganic clusters.
- Must have demonstrated outstanding promise as a research scientist.
- Strong applicants will exhibit strong basic science understanding, motivation, and an ability to originate, carry out, and publish significant original research.
- Strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Previous experience with atomic layer deposition, in situ characterization, ex situ chemical, electrochemical, and physical assessment (XPS, impedance spectroscopy, AFM) are desirable but not required.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, or a related field received within the last three years is required.
- The candidate is expected to think and work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of chemist, physicist and materials scientists.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.