Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405408 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division (CSE).
Under the guidance of a supervisor you will:
- Conduct fundamental research on the characterization and electrochemistry of materials for energy storage.
- Investigate the properties of battery interfaces, uses this information to develop models of interfacial behavior, and develop novel battery materials.
- Work as part of the Joint Center for Energy Storage Research (JCESR), an Office of Science Energy Innovation Hub, in a multi-institutional, highly collaborative environment.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of and experimental expertise in a variety of interfacial characterization methods, as well as electrochemistry.
- Knowledge of handling of air-sensitive materials is useful.
- Expertise in battery systems is useful.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Skill in data processing, evaluation, and interpretation.
- Understanding and experience in multiscale modeling techniques.
This level of knowledge is typically achieved through a formal educationat the Ph.D. degree level with 0 to 3 years of experience or equivalent in the scientific application of this knowledge and practical laboratory experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.