Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 407379 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
electrochemical/chemical(NMR, Raman, FTIR) of these systems towards energy storage applications, analyze data and prepare reports, presentations, and papers for group meetings. + Design and carry out new additional exploratory areas for understanding of the electrolyte systems and prepares manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed publications.
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position within our Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division (CSE).
Under the guidance of a supervisor, you will:
- Conduct research and development in electrolytes and additives systems for lithium ion batteries. The project would require galvanostatic testing with coin cells and pouch cells with targeted electrochemical performance improvement as a goal. Meanwhile, electrochemical and interfacial properties using techniques such as cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy.
- Design and perform standard electrochemical tests electrolyte systems – either standard electrolyte with known additives, new salts, new additives and solvents.
- Conductelectrochemical/chemical(NMR, Raman, FTIR) of these systems towards energy storage applications, analyze data and prepare reports, presentations, and papers for group meetings.
- Design and carry out new additional exploratory areas for understanding of the electrolyte systems and prepares manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed publications.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of and experimental expertise in electrochemistry and electrolyte sciences.
- Extensive knowledge of electrolytes in energy storage materials.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep abreast of pertinent scientific literature.
- Experience with standard electroanalytical techniques (CV, galvanostatic charging/discharging with MACCOR) and a range of characterization instruments (NMR, SEM, TEM, FTIR and Raman) would be an asset.
- This level of knowledge is typically achieved through a formal education in electrochemical or materials sciences at the Ph.D. degree level with 0 to 3 years of experience or equivalent in the scientific application of this knowledge and practical laboratory experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.