Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 408526 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division (CSE) is seeking a Postdoctoral Appointee to mainly conduct research in fabrication and characterization of advanced lithium ion batteries (LIB).
The candidate will plan and conduct research on battery material characterization, including electrode optimization, electrochemical and structural characterization, and chemical diagnostic characterization of materials involved. The candidate should be able to analyze data, prepare manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed publications, present papers at scientific meetings, and prepare reports and presentations/papers for group meetings.
We expect you to have:
- Recently completed a PhD Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Electrochemistry.
- Considerable hands-on experience in a laboratory environment.
- Considerable skill in formulating scientific problems.
- Considerable experience in proposing, planning, designing and implementing experiments.
- Deep understanding of electrochemistry, able to conduct the cyclic voltammetry, EIS, and galvanostatic test.
- Hands-on experience on material characterization, including SEM, Raman, TGA, BET, PSA, et. Al.Considerable knowledge of processing and analyzing results.
- Considerable skill in written and oral communication.
- Proven desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Programming skills and solid knowledge on rheology are plus.
- PhD and 0 year work experience are required for this position.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.