Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 404489 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Under the guidance of a supervisor, you will conduct fundamental research in electrochemical energy storage systems. The project will involve physical, chemical, and electrochemical characterization and continuum-scale mathematical modeling of advanced battery technologies. You will establish relationships between the physical/chemical properties and electrochemical performance of these batteries.
In this role, you will plan and conduct research on material characterization, transport property measurements, and continuum-scale models for performance and life of batteries, including microscale models, while adhering to Laboratory and Divisional ESH/QA practices and policies. You will also analyze data; prepare manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed publications; present papers at scientific meetings; and prepare reports, presentations, and papers for group meetings or meeting sponsor reporting requirements.
We expect you to have:
- Recently completed Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or Electrochemistry.
- Deep understanding of electrochemistry and electrochemical engineering.
- Considerable experience in proposing, planning, designing, and implementing experiments.
- Considerable knowledge of processing and analyzing results.
- Considerable skill in formulating scientific problems.
- Considerable skill in written and oral communication.
- Proven desire to work in a team-based environment.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.