Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 403241 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: HEP-High Energy Physics
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The High Energy Physics Division at Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate position to work in the Electronics Support Group to develop novel instrumentation and readout systems for innovative and leading-edge detectors and other scientific research. The successful candidate will work with design teams and scientific collaborations in the development of high-performance digital processors for a variety of projects, including the ATLAS Experiment at CERN, the DUNE experiment in the USA, Quantum Information Systems, and other areas.
Argonne is a multidisciplinary national laboratory, and offers an exciting campus atmosphere in which to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects, at both the national and international levels. The appointment can be extended up to three years and is based at Argonne.
- The candidates must have received a doctorate degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, data science, high energy physics, or a related discipline within three years of the start of the appointment.
- Experience with designing applications that use high performance FPGAs is required.
- Experience with FPGA programming languages is required.
- Programming expertise in C, C++, Python, or another scientific programming language is highly desirable.
- Experience with high-performance digital or data processing systems is desirable.
- Experience with one or more of the following is desirable: embedded processors, high-speed transceivers, and optical links.
In addition to applying online, applicants should send their curriculum vitae, a description of research interests through the application system and arrange for three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information, contact Gary drake at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin once the application is completed and will continue until the positions are filled. For full consideration applications should be received by the November 1, 2017.
Openings are available immediately; there is flexibility in starting dates for highly qualified candidates.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.