Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 405373 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: CSE-Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Chemical Sciences and Engineering Division (CSE).
Under the guidance of a supervisor within the Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics Group, you will:
- Develop instrumentation for ultrafast x-ray spectroscopic and scattering experiments at synchrotron and free-electron laser facilities.
- Provide instrumentation setup and testing, data acquisition and interpretation.
- Develop data analysis routines.
- Participate in beamtimes.
- Write journal publication.
- Interact and perform collaborative research with Argonne and external collaborators and remain knowledgeable of progress in relevant fields of research.
We expect you to have:
- Knowledge of and experience in ultrafast x-ray science.
- Free-electron laser or synchrotron sources, ultrafast optical laser systems, and associated instrumentation and methods.
- Molecular or liquid jet systems, ion and/or electron spectroscopy, coincidence techniques, and development of data analysis routines.
- Skill in conceiving and implementing experimental methods, planning and conducting experimental procedures, and analyzing and interpreting measurements.
- Ability to communicate scientific information orally and in written reports and publications.
- Ability to work independently on a daily basis.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary research group.
- This level of knowledge is typically achieved through a formal education at the Ph.D. degree level with 0 to 3 years of experience or equivalent in the scientific application of this knowledge and practical laboratory experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.