Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointment - Data Science in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointment - Data Science
Requisition Number: 408407 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: AMD-Applied Materials Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Applied Materials Division at Argonne National Laboratory has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral appointee. The successful candidate will engage in research programs aimed at developing statistical models for the high temperature deformation and failure of structural materials in high temperature nuclear reactors. The focus for this position is on data-science and statistics skills – the appointee will work in collaboration with experts on material modeling and material science to develop models.
Safety, Security, and Environmental Protection: All activities, as they apply to work performed by self or by personnel under supervision, will be executed in compliance with ES&H and security responsibilities established by Argonne National Laboratory's ES&H policies, Safeguards and Security policies, work rules, and safe practices.
- The prospective candidate is expected to hold a Ph.D. in data science, statistics, mechanical engineering, or a closely related field.
- Experience with mechanical systems or material modeling.
- Comprehensive knowledge in developing statistical models of complex systems.
- Experience developing statistical models from relatively sparse data.
- Formal training or experience in material modeling and/or mechanical engineering is highly desired.
- Experience working with high temperature structural materials is desired.
- Strong skills in oral and written communications and presentations.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.