Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointment - Energy Conversion and Storage Group, Materials Science Division in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointment - Energy Conversion and Storage Group, Materials Science Division
Requisition Number: 404481 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Multiple openings are available in the research projects that are targeting aqueous and non-aqueous solid-liquid and solid-solid interfaces in electrochemical systems such as electrolyzers, fuel cells and batteries. Highly trained candidates with publication record and strong experimental background in fundamental and applied electrochemistry will be considered. Experimental work involves electrochemical characterization in rotating disk electrode (RDE), membrane electrode assembly (MEA) fabrication and testing, impedance measurements, in-situ characterization by vibrational spectroscopy, material synthesis including both chemical and physical vapor deposition, ultra-high vacuum characterization techniques (XPS, AES, LEED, LEIS, STM, AFM), utilization of analytical tools such as gas chromatography, inductively coupled plasma and differential electrochemical mass spectrometry, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A strong experimental background in fundamental and applied electrochemistry,.
- Experience with electrochemical characterizations such as voltammetry, rotating disk electrode, impedance, membrane electrode assembly.
- A strong experimental background in physical-chemistry, solid state physics, surface science, combined with experience in characterization of solid-liquid and solid-solid interfaces, vibrational spectroscopy, structural characterization by XRD, TEM, STM, AFM, synchrotron techniques, etc.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in chemistry, materials science, physics, or equivalent.
- Candidates must have good written and oral communication skills and work well with others in a team oriented environment
Key words: Electrochemistry, Nanoscience, Ultra-High Vacuum Tools, Thin-Film Depositions, Chemical Synthesis, Microscopy and X-Ray Diffraction, Lead-Acid Batteries, Platinum Group Metal-Free Materials for Electrochemical Applications, Li-ion Batteries, Solid-Solid Batteries, Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells, Low Platinum Group Metal Electrocatalysts, Electrolyzers.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.