Argonne National Laboratory Procurement 2 in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 408522 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Accounting and Finance Division: FMP-Financial Management and Procurement Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory is looking for a Procurement Specialist within the Financial Management Procurement Service Division.
The Procurement Specialist will facilitate through the procurement process the timely and economical acquisition of standard and complex products and services required by the scientific and operations organizations of Argonne National Laboratory within legal constraints of the regulatory procedures and statutes.
- Sources, negotiates and procures materials, services, supplies and other commodities.
- Evaluates, selects, monitors and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Reviews proposals, contractual documents, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Conducts proposal preparation and customer contact activities to provide for proper acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with requirements and customer specifications.
- Assignments may also include in the areas of cost/price analysis and small business development
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable procurement regulations and established procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to use knowledge of procurement regulations to negotiate orders, evaluate and select vendors, determine appropriate costs and price, and closeout all types of purchase orders and/or subcontracts.
- Ability to complete price and cost analysis.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of products and services being procured.
- Knowledge of planning, scheduling, and program control as well as authoring, administering, terminating, and closing out awards.
- Experience in both commercial and government subcontracting.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly & concisely convey information through verbal communication.
- Demonstrated competency in creating clear and concise written documentation that fully summarizes all aspects of a procurement transaction.
Bachelor’s and 2+ years of experience
Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
Argonne National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists, engineers, and business professionals work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity, from how to obtain affordable clean energy , to protecting ourselves and our environment . Ever since we were born out of the University of Chicago’s work on the Manhattan Project in the 1940s, our goal has been to make an impact — from the atomic to the human to the global scale. At Argonne, we explore the world together in order to build a better one!
This description documents the general nature of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.