Argonne National Laboratory Project Specialist in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 410176 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: General Business Management Division: PMO-Project Management Organization Division
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PT3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Argonne National Laboratory has an opportunity for a talented Project Specialist within the Project Management Office Division.
The Project Specialist functions as a project manager for facilities maintenance, repair and modifications projects. Prepares project estimates, Davis-Bacon Determinations, NEPA, Baseline Survey and necessary contracts of agreements for the following types of work: 1) Crafts non Davis-Bacon covered work: requires contact with laboratory customers to define and estimate work followed by management of crafts, personnel, performing the service request work. 2) Pre-approved contractors work: where work is determined to be Davis-Bacon, the customer’s requirements may be met with the use of Pre-Approved contractors. Requiring contact with laboratory customers to define and estimate work, preparing bid documents, conducting pre-bid work through and oversight of work after award.
Assistance during construction period may be provided by construction field representatives depending on size and nature of project.
Functions as a commissioning agent for new installations as well as modifications, repair and overhaul of systems including but not limited to chillers, boilers, HVAC systems, and utility supervisory control and data acquisition systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in managing in a union environment and labor relations. Performing to customer expectations.
- Knowledge of boilers; boiler control systems, medium pressure team transmission, condensate return systems, chemical treatments for steam water; chiller operation, chiller construction, central chilled water distribution systems, evaporation and compressor type chillers, refrigerants; HVAC components including air handling units, duct work, heating and cooling coil construction/operation/protection; low voltage power distribution; pump construction/operation/maintenance; supervisory control and monitoring systems, man-machine interface definition, primary element requirements; water treatment processes and apparatus.
- Ability to prioritize projects and coordinate concurrent projects, prepare estimates, review contractor submittals, and control costs.
- Working skills in job related use of computers.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts and to build excellent working relationships.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This position involves the broad application of principles, theories and concepts in the discipline. This position provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems, using judgment within defined policies and procedures.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.