Argonne National Laboratory Scrum Master in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 410125 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Information Technology Division: BIS-Business and Information Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PT2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Enterprise Software Solutions department at Argonne National Laboratory invites you to join the team supporting the Laboratory’s enterprise software solutions department. This position is for a Scrum Master serving multiple Agile Scrum teams that develop applications on mostly cloud-based platforms. This includes processing definitions, guiding Agile Scrum based software development, along with cross functional communications, software technical project management, requirements traceability, test case management and defect tracking. Additional responsibilities include defining, tracking, and reporting on metrics show process improvements. Role also performs but not limited to the role of Release Train Engineer. This position coordinates with other Scrum Masters of multiple Agile teams and provides clear resource loading of software team and capacity planning of the software development. This position also represents the team at Release level to report status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership.
The ideal candidate will need to establish requirements and objectives of computerized solution in ServiceNow. Working in concert with the Product Owner, the Scrum Master will prepare detailed software development agile artifacts such as Releases, Change Management, and Testing Tasks, and recommend methodologies necessary to accomplish plan. In addition, candidate will consult with product managers on planning and monitoring of work and with product owner for prioritization of work. Candidate should have four or more years of relevant experience at a level no less than senior Scrum Master or equivalent.
The successful candidate will work independently, with limited guidance, in an agile team environment; exhibit effective collaboration and user interaction by working with peers, management, vendors, and others; and maintain a professional work ethic and respect of team members and software users. The position requires learning agility, perseverance, and communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of Agile approaches, particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Considerable knowledge of Scrum Master role for a software development team that includes Scrum principles, practices, and theories.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team, including service management and web content delivery tools.
- Ability to manage partnerships with internal partners and external vendors
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Basic knowledge of cyber security concepts.
- Ability to obtain HSPD-12 card for use in two-factor authentication.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a small technical team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or applicable field of study
- Scrum master certification desired
- Ability to be highly responsive, meet demanding deadlines, and prioritize a large number of diverse projects
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including the ability to initiate and foster collaborative relationships
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
This role can be hired at one of two levels and the requirements for each are as follows:
- PT2: Bachelor's degree + 2 years of experience, or equivalent
- PT3: Bachelor's degree + 4 years of experience, or a Master's degree + 2 years of experience, or equivalent
Argonne National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists and engineers work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity. Located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, the laboratory works in concert with universities, industry, and other national laboratories on questions and experiments too large for any one institution to do by itself. Through collaborations here and around the world, we strive to discover new ways to develop energy innovations through science, create novel materials molecule-by-molecule, and gain a deeper understanding of our planet, our climate, and the cosmos.
At Argonne, we explore the world together in order to build a better one!
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.