Argonne National Laboratory Software Engineer in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 5336 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Division: BIS-Business and Information Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift:
Level (Grade): RD1 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Enterprise Software Solutions department at Argonne National Laboratory invites you to join the team supporting the Laboratory’s central software and services. This position involves applying computer science to problem solving, analyzing requirements for management information, and recommending and designing the means for meeting those requirements, either by revising existing systems or developing new ones.
The successful candidate will work independently, with normal guidance, in an agile team environment; exhibit effective collaboration and user interaction by working with peers, management, vendors, and others; and maintain a professional work ethic and respect of team members and software users. The position requires decision making, analytic ability, process orientation, learning agility, communication, perseverance, and prioritization skills.
The position provides effective systems support across a broad range of technologies and applications; completes programming using languages and software products; designs and conducts tests; addresses the root causes of problems; and recommends long-term solutions.
- Hands-on experience with developing solutions to business process problems and providing solutions that match clients’ business needs
- Solution prototyping and process wire framing
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas and messages via speech or writing
- Ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, then analyze and examine data in detail, draw appropriate conclusions and produce actionable reports and metrics
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-organization and self-starting
- Customer experience focused
- Strength in effective use of office application tools (e.g. Power Point, Excel, Word, and Visio)
- Comprehensive knowledge of developing solutions for business processes aligned with Service Management
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
This is an Evergreen job posting which allows candidates to apply once to be considered for multiple job requisitions; you may be asked to apply to a specific job posting in the future.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.