Argonne National Laboratory Sr. Procurement Specialist in Lemont, Illinois
Sr. Procurement Specialist
Requisition Number: 407381 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Accounting and Finance Division: FMP-Financial Management and Procurement Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA5 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Procurement team at Argonne National Laboratory seeks applications from talented and highly-motivated individuals to join a team of specialists focused on providing procurement support and exceptional service to the scientists, engineers, and organizations across the Laboratory.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist will facilitate the timely and economical acquisition of standard and complex products and services required by within legal constraints of the regulatory procedures and statutes.You will review and audit contractual documents, analyzes trends, and maintains necessary compliance records.The successful candidate will conduct proposal preparation and customer contact activities to provide for proper acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with the DOE Prime Contract and the Procurement Operations Manual (POM). Additional assignments may also include cost/price analysis of contracts and purchase orders and small business development.You will be required to conduct technical meetings.
A successful candidate would be expected to have experience delivering exceptional customer service as well as have attention to detail.
- Subject matter expert of applicable procurement regulations and established procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to use knowledge of procurement regulations to evaluate contracts, select vendors, determine appropriate costs and price, and closeout all types of purchase orders and/or subcontracts.
- Ability to complete price and cost analysis for contracts/purchase orders.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of products and services being procured.
- Knowledge of planning, scheduling, and program control as well as authoring, administering, terminating, and closing out awards.
- Demonstrated expertise in commercial and/or government subcontracting.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey information through verbal communication in a wide variety of settings including, but not limited to, verbal presentations and group meetings.
- Demonstrated high level competency in creating clear and concise written documentation that fully summarizes all aspects of a procurement transaction.
- Assist Compliance Manager in achieving applicable Procurement performance targets.
- Ability to make accurate independent judgments concerning regulations and business protocol and practices.
- This level of knowledge and experience is normally obtained from a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation’s (FAR) highly preferred.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Argonne is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists, engineers, and business professionals work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity, from how to obtain affordableclean energyto protecting ourselves andour environment. Ever since we were born out of the University of Chicago’s work on the Manhattan Project in the 1940s, our goal has been to make an impact — from the atomic to the human to the global scale. At Argonne, we explore the world together in order to build a better one.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.