Argonne National Laboratory Stationary Storage Program Lead in Lemont, Illinois
Stationary Storage Program Lead
Requisition Number: 405078 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: OTD-Office of the Laboratory Director
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD5
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We expect you to have:
- Advanced technical degree in a relevant field, and 10+ years’ work experience or equivalent.
- Background in developing battery systems for stationary storage application, and the role of energy storage on the grid, including integration issues and economic aspects.
- Track record of leading R&D teams focused on developing technology solutions, and building research programs including developing concepts, obtaining necessary funding, and executing to achieve outcomes.
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse set of programmatic sponsors, influencing future directions and pursuing funding opportunities.
- Experience with working with utilities, integrators, distributed resource companies etc.
- Skills in program development, direction and execution.
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal relationship building skills.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (RD5 or RD6) dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills brought to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience. The requirements of the various levels are as follows:
- At a RD5 Level: Bachelor's & 15+ yrs, Master's & 12+ yrs or Doctorate & 10+ yrs
- At a RD6 Level: Bachelor's & 20+ yrs, Master's & 15+ yrs or Doctorate & 15+ yrs
Safety, Security, and Environmental Protection: All activities, as they apply to work performed by self or by personnel under supervision, will be executed in compliance with ES&H and security responsibilities established by Argonne National Laboratory's ES&H policies, Safeguards and Security policies, work rules, and safe practices.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.