Argonne National Laboratory Survey Technician - Electromechanical in Lemont, Illinois
Survey Technician - Electromechanical
Requisition Number: 5198 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Technical Support Division: AUP-Advanced Photon Source Upgrade
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): 119370 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Assist in installation, alignment, and maintenance of accurate physical position the APS machine components. Duties include assisting in maintenance of horizontal and vertical control networks for the APS complex, accelerator and beamline component fiducialization, alignment of the accelerator system and X-ray beamline components, calibrating survey equipment, testing and evaluation of prototypes of component support and alignment systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant is required to have survey experience.
- Formal training in surveying, metrology, or alignment technology is required.
- Good analytical aptitude with a willingness to tackle new and challenging problems of engineering or scientific nature.
- Ability to operate surveying and optical tooling equipment is necessary.
- Attention to detail and accurate logging and reporting of measurement data are required as well as willingness to learn new alignment technology and operate state-of-the-art survey equipment.
- Knowledge of surveying, metrology, and alignment technology.
- Basic math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Analytical aptitude, detail orientation.
- Basic PC and IT skills.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.