Argonne National Laboratory Systems Analysis Engineer in Lemont, Illinois
Systems Analysis Engineer
Requisition Number: 407380 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD3 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Lead and perform research on new vehicle designs, technologies and control strategies using modeling and simulation, with the goal of making the transportation sector use energy more efficiently. Research how Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and control optimization can help achieve that goal. Create and use models of advanced vehicles for better understanding of their impact on energy consumption.
- Lead development of RoadRunner to quantify the impact of connected and automated vehicle technologies on energy under different scenarios.
- Participate in research teams to develop and integrate component models and controls, estimate the energy impact of advanced vehicle and powertrain technologies and validate Autonomie software using test data.
Maintain current knowledge of developments in the transportation field, particularly with engines, motors, batteries, transportation energy, and environmental issues. Present Argonne research at conferences and public talks.
M.S. degree in engineering, transportation, or economics, and 10+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electric drive vehicle component models and controls.
- Skills of Autonomie, RoadRunner,Matlab/Simulink/StateFlow.
- Skills in vehicle control for conventional, HEVs, PHEVs and BEVs.
- Skills on project management.
- Skills in time management, organization, and working on several concurrent projects.
- Skills in oral and written communications and presentations.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of advanced transportation technologies.
- Knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of transportation technologies, energy use, and environmental impacts of transportation.
- Skills in program management and interacting with other project members.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Typical office setting. This position reports to the Section Leader, Vehicle & Mobility Systems in the Center for Transportation Research, Energy Systems Division. Extended hours and travel may occasionally be required.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne’s Legal Department.