Argonne National Laboratory Toxicologist/Public Health/Environmental Chemist in Lemont, Illinois
Toxicologist/Public Health/Environmental Chemist
Requisition Number: 405420 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: EVS-Environmental Science
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD2
Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Contribute to the Division`s environmental risk program. Conduct analyses in human and ecological health risks and report the results of these analyses in technical reports and publications. Manage projects as appropriate. Frequently work as task manager or project leader on assignments related to human and ecological risk projects.
- Knowledge of the potential health effects of chemical contaminants (i.e. exposures), and of related risk analysis and risk management techniques.
- Knowledge of environmental and waste management issues and regulations, especially those pertaining to chemical or mixed wastes.
- Knowledge of analytical methods and interpretation of results for environmental contaminants.
- Knowledge of environmental engineering and chemical engineering, computational risk modeling preferred.
- Knowledge of multimedia fate and transport modeling, quantitative risk assessment methods, and statistical analysis of results.
- Knowledge of other disciplines relevant to environmental risk assessment (i.e. Hydrology).
- Skill in conducting regulatory and peer-reviewed analytical assessment studies
- Skill in developing new ideas, techniques and methodologies, and adapting them to current research and assessment problems.
- Skill in proposal development.
- Skill in effectively communicating with sponsors, managers, and other professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop working relationships with industry, academia, and NGOs for the purpose of research.
- Ability to work collaboratively with microbial ecologists, microbiologists and biochemists.
RD2 Requirements: Bachelor’s and 5+ years; Master’s and 3+ years; Doctorate and 0 years, or equivalent.
RD3 Requirements: Bachelor’s and 8+ years;Master’s and 5+ years; or Doctorate and 4+ years; or equivalent.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.