Argonne National Laboratory Senior Operations and Risk Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Operations and Risk Analyst
Requisition Number: 405412 Location: Washington, DC
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: DIS-Decision and Infrastructure Sciences
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD4 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for the Senior Operations and Risk Analyst position at our Washington D.C. office. In this role, you will apply analytical tools and methodologies to conduct comprehensive operations and risk assessments, particularly focused on threat, vulnerability, and consequence, for national critical functions and infrastructure systems that support them. You will also:
- Provide research and analytic support to a variety of infrastructure assessments and products that facilitate stakeholder decision-making to enhance homeland and national security.
- Contribute to the development of written and interactive products that reflect a comprehensive analytical approach to national critical functions and supporting critical infrastructure based on multiple data sources and tool outputs.
- Provide analytic support and expertise to operations research, infrastructure risk assessment, security and resilience analysis, and homeland and national security programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Advanced skills in written and oral communications, including communicating technical material to practitioners and senior management
- Experienced knowledge of risk analysis, risk management, and decision analysis methodologies and applications
- Advanced skills in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Experience in conducting comprehensive risk assessments, to include threat, vulnerability, and consequence analysis
- Experience in analyzing and synthesizing data and field inputs in producing various assessment reports and visualizations
- Knowledge of infrastructure security and resilience practices
- Knowledge of preparedness mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery
- Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences
- Ability to work as a member of a team
Other: Selected candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen. Please see http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm for more information about requirements for obtaining a security clearance process.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level (RD4 or RD5) dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills brought to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience. The requirements of the various levels are as follows:
- At a RD4 Level: Bachelor's & 12+ yrs, Master's & 7+ yrs or Doctorate & 6+ yrs
- At a RD5 Level: Bachelor's & 15+ yrs, Master's & 12+ yrs or Doctorate & 10+ yrs,
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.